The much anticipated 2023 Yamaha XMAX was launched in Malaysia, at a competitive nett selling price of RM23,998.
According to Hong Leong Yamaha Motor Sdn. Bhd., the 250cc automatic scooter segment had shown positive growth, to the tune of 266% since 2018. Unsurprisingly, the segment is led by the best-selling Yamaha XMAX.
The 2023 model features some nifty midlife updates for the model, while retaining several others that had endeared them to buyers previously.
- The engine remains unchanged since it is already proven.
- It is a 249cc, single-cylinder, SOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled unit, that conforms to the Euro 4 emission standard.
- It produces a health 22.5HP at 7,000 RPM, and a punchy 24.3Nm of torque at 5,500 RPM.
- The overall silhouette remains unmistakably a Yamaha XMAX, especially when view from the sides and back.
- The biggest changes are to the headlamps and taillamps, with both forming the letter “X” from when the lights are fully on.
- The Yamaha XMAX features pod-like protrusions at either sides at the base of the windscreen since its introduction. The (LED) turn signals are now located on these pods, moving them up from the side panels for better visibility.
- A new, slimmer seat which Yamaha says is more comfortable. We expect that it may also help riders put their feet on the ground more securely.
- A new TFT screen takes centre stage.
- The screen allows for the Yamaha Y-Connect er… connectivity suite for music streaming and such.
- A new feature is the connection to the Garmin StreetCross application for navigation.
Colour, price, availability
- The 2023 Yamaha XMAX is offered in two colours called Max Silver and Icon Blue.
- It will be available at Authorised Yamaha Big Bike dealers from next week onwards, at this writing.
- As mentioned above, the recommended price is RM23,998 but not on the road (excluding road tax, registration, etc.).