Navigate by sight
GIVI is probably most famous for our phone and GPS mounts, after cases and rain gear. That is because we offer many different reliable solutions depending on what you, our customers, prefer.
But why is a phone mount important? These are observations from our own experiments and everyday use:
- The Number 1 reason is surely for navigation. GPS navigation without mounting the phone means you have to stop all the time to check your phone for the correct route.
- We have encountered Bluetooth headsets that receive signals intermittently when the phone is stored in the jacket’s pocket or in a pouch. The problem was solved when we mounted the phone at the handlebar.
- You can identify who is calling you and choose to accept or ignore.
- Video recording is enabled on the GIVI S920M and S920L, depending on your phone.
The GIVI S920M and S920L are our latest phone mounts. They were designed to provide secure mounting and ease of use.
- Patented product designed and made in Italy.
- Wide adjustment range to fit almost any phone.
- Easy lock and release.
- Mounting does not require tools.
- All components of the mount stay together to avoid losing parts.
- Able to fit sections that are eccentrically-shaped (not perfectly round).
- Able to mount to sections ranging from 8mm to 35mm.
- Designed to be clear of the phone’s camera (depending on phone).
- Can be rotated in any direction.
- Easy to charge phone while being used.
- GRIP+ elastic safety strap provided.
But why is the phone mounted in open air? The simple answer is to keep the device in the airflow thereby avoiding it from getting hot or worse, overheating. An overheating phone slows down or stops working entirely, leaving you without navigation and communication. Additionally, the touch function works naturally since your fingers contact the screen directly (through touch-sensitive gloves).
GIVI does sell T519M and T519L waterproof phone sleeves (separately). These products keep your phone dry while still allowing you to view the screen through their transparent covers.
Generally, the S920M fits iPhones 2G through X and Samsung Galaxy all the way to the S9 and Note 7.
On the other hand, the S920L fits the iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus, and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to S9 Plus and Galaxy Note 7 to 8.
The GIVI S920M is priced at RM 394.40 and the GIVI S920L is priced at RM 426.20. Both prices are inclusive of SST.
We have tested the S920M during the GIVI Golden Triangle Adventure Ride in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam last year. One such unit was mounted on a BMW R 1200 GS which was ridden from Malaysia to join the trip before heading back. The rider reported that his phone mount worked superbly in all road and weather conditions. More importantly, he was able to find his way accurately as the phone never overheated even under the hot sun.
Please visit your nearest GIVI Point, GIVI Specialised or authorized GIVI dealer to view the products. You may click on this link to find their locations. Conversely, you may also visit our official Facebook page or click on this link in our website for more information for the latest news, happenings and other products.
IT PAYS TO BUY GENUINE